Saturday, February 25, 2012

Energizing New Breakfast!


I'd been eating the same breakfast for about 15 years or so (posted on April 1, 2009 in this blog under the title "Breakfast of Artists") and, kind of all of the sudden, I started to feel that it wasn't right for me. I started wondering if having less carbs in the morning would help me feel better up until lunchtime and even through the afternoon. So I thought about creating a new breakfast that was composed of the most super duper vitamins and nutrients I could think of, and also balanced in a way that would keep my blood sugar as level as possible for as long as possible. We have a turbo charged blender called VitaMix that sounds a bit like a jet engine at takeoff, but any blender will do. I made this recently for my father and his wife, using their blender which was very small and pretty unpowerful, and it worked just as well. So here it is!

Energizer Breakfast Smoothie

Serves One

1 heaping Tablespoon whey protein powder
1 heaping Tablespoon brewer's yeast
1 heaping Tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 level Tablespoon cacao nibs
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 to 1 inch chunk of raw ginger, sliced but not peeled
1/4 cup frozen cranberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
2 to 4 leaves of raw kale or collard greens
1/2 teaspoon organic virgin coconut oil
1 level teaspoon natural peanut butter
1 to 1 1/2 cups cold water

Blend all ingredients together until fairly smooth and enjoy! Your cells will dance with happiness for hours!

16 comments:

  1. sounds wonderful, i will give it a try.
    awesome painting too~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Tammie! Let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great inspiring article. I am pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.


    Paxil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this recipe Julie! This sounds way better than the handful of almonds I've been eating for breakfast for the past few months. A couple of questions; I've always wondered what the nutritional benefits of brewer's yeast are, and what exactly is nutritional yeast? Also, do the other ingredients knock out the taste of the kale/ collard greens? I did a juice fast for a couple of weeks last year and I could never get used to the taste of kale, but I figure that there are ways to integrate it into a drink without it being such a strong taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I've been drinking this new breakfast for about three weeks now. It was just what I needed coming off the triple marathon that's been my work schedule for many months now. Truly, I SHOULD have been drinking this throughout all of those 80+ hour work weeks, but the health food store was just a bit too far away. However, in the future I'll stock up on the less perishable ingredients because this recipe is a keeper! I substituted organic almond butter for the peanut butter and rainbow chard for the kale, but the rest is the same. I've tried playing with the amounts of the ingredients, but it seems to be ideal as is. Note to those with blood sugar issues: this breakfast drink does NOT spike blood sugar levels. It also seems to curb my appetite better than most breakfasts do. I strongly encourage those on the fence to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I’ve been reading your blog and just wanted to ask you something? Please email me back. Thanks!
    Jan
    munchkins505 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's official! We are SUPER excited to make this announcement! Sleeping Otters Studio LLC will be live at Brute Strength Gym in Norfolk on October 31st for the SPF Halloween Howl Powerlifting Meet. Support an awesome event with great athletes. sleepingottersstudio serve with Creativity inspired by fitness, Fitness art illustrations, creatively driven lifestyle company and fitness lifestyle company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you can find one of the best solution of all penis enlargement, here are some of the best solution for you by clicking here Penis Enlargement

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,

    "What a Fantastic Article is This"

    Really, I found this article very helpful because there is a lot of beneficial and helpful information in this great article. I shared this article with my friends because it is very compulsory for reading as because of your truthful and honest content. Thank you for helping me find the information I needed.

    Ok Bye, Have a Wonderful Day.

    Regards,
    Jyotish

    How to Make a Better Comment on the Blog
    What is the another name for Veda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get Best Medications Online Just One Click. Order Cheap Pain relief pills Now. Also Get Best Articles About Health And Medications.

    Buy Oxycontin 80 mg
    Cheap Pain relief pills
    For More Visit Website

    ReplyDelete
  12. बहुत ही खूबसूरत पोस्ट है मुझे बहुत पसंद आया

    crush meaning in hindi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read your article and it’s informative.
    I always share your blog post links on my
    social media platforms and in different groups.
    I am also writing some related articles.
    I really like your blog, keep it up!
    Nice post thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete