Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Most Effective Weight Loss Idea I Know Of

And you don't have to "Obey!" if you don't want to. Ha! Anyway, aside from the obvious (eat fewer calories than you use), the most effective tool I know of is
a pen and paper. If you just write down everything you eat and drink every day for a week or two, you'll most likely lose weight just from doing that. You'll immediately become much more conscious of exactly what you're eating and start to think about portion size without even trying. And if you want to make sure you're drinking enough water, just write down a mark on your paper every time you have a glass of water throughout the day. So simple and super effective!

3 comments:

  1. I lost 60lbs in about 4 months last summer just keeping track of my food intake and walking about 5 miles a day. I've kept most of it off over the winter, and now that spring is here it's time to hit it again. I'd like to lose about 40 more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it worked for you, Travis! I've seen studies that showed this to be very helpful for most people. It's all about what you're paying attention to, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The simplicity is in the truth; so is the difficulty....

    ReplyDelete